bawheeler

Unable to activate KAP140 AP in DHC-2 Beaver

I am unable to activate the Honeywell KAP140 Auto Pilot in the MilViz DHC-2 Beaver via the cockpit instrument panel OR the separate autopilot panel. I hold down the AP Master button for 5-10 seconds and nothing. Same with the Z button on keyboard (beeps repeatedly indicating going OFF).  I have reinstalled the Beaver per MilViz instructions. Interestingly, if I use a third party tool (RemoteFlight gauges on my iPad) I can turn the Auto Pilot ON/OFF and control all functions there, but the status never changes on the simulator's KAP140 display -- I just have the blinking barometer. Turning the AP ON/OFF via the master button works fine on other planes with other AP units. Suggestions? Thanks in advance. Brian

• Upvote 1

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In order to prevent piracy, we ask that all users with support issues of this type, read page one of the manual to get help.

Thank you.

I have read page 1 of both the DHC-2 manual and the KAP140 manual, and requested MilViz forum registration (no reply past 24 hours), and I have a Unique ticket identifier ready to go for MilViz support. Other ideas?

you sent an email to info at milviz dot com and or oisin at milviz dot com and haven't gotten an answer in 24 hours?  and you have a unique ticket identifier for MV support... I am not at all sure what that last is but, sorry to say, it can sometimes take more than a day to get people logged in.  We just don't have that many people to do that kind of stuff.

Please be patient.

We will not provide that type of support here.