Sign in to follow this  
Caroline82

Weird Control loss

Hi @ all 

I have a weird problem, sometimes the 747 (-400 and -8) banks extremly, rolls and I usually lose control. Sometimes I'm able to stabilize her again and continue flying, sometimes I just crash due to overstress or because I was to low as this only happens on approach. At first I suspected the weather but with ASN weather changes shouldn't be that extrem and it only happens in the 747, with the 777 everything worked fine so far. 

Anyone else ran into this. Could it be me or is it a FSX bug? 

Regards Caroline

Hi Caroline,

welcome to the forum.

I think you are pretty correct with your suspicion regarding ASN. The weather changes are not the point, but the default turbulence settings are quite exaggerated. Check the introduction manual, I think it has an own topic about ASN. 

In short, set your turbulence settings to 20 or less in the clouds and wind sections and deactivate enhanced turbulences (or named similar, I‘m on my mobile right now). 

The custom flight models of enhanced addons like the PMDG airplanes don‘t go well with the exaggerated settings. It‘s just not realistic.

Btw: I would deactivate all those crash detections in the realism settings as they aren‘t any better at all.. you know yourself when you‘ve messed up and even a very hard landing doesn‘t necessarily mean a crash 😄

Edited by Ephedrin
Funny typo