Sign in to follow this  
mitcher

Using FAA CIFP data to update Little Navmap's AIRAC cycle

Hi All,

New to the community here, and loving Little Navmap's feature set and UI.  It provides such a great level of depth in flight planning.  I'm running X-Plane 11.25 on a 2010 Mac Pro in the United States, and recently discovered how to use the FAA CIFP data available from https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/cifp/download to update the nav data from X-Plane's default AIRAC Cycle 1611 to 1810 (the current AIRAC cycle at the time I'm writing this).  However, when I reload the scenery in Little Navmap (Scenery Library --> Load Scenery Library...), after updating X-Plane's nav data, Little Navmap doesn't update the AIRAC Cycle.

Thus my question... Is it possible to update the nav data in Little Navmap using the FAA's CIFP data? Or is a Navigraph subscription the only way to update Little Navmap?  

Of course, I recognize that Little Navmap's data are global, and that the FAA's data available at the link above are only for the United States.

Thanks!

Mitch

Hi Mitch,

sorry, the FAA CIFP is not supported. It would be quite some effort to read this into LNM.

You can use the old (1611) navdata which LNM reads from X-Plane, the Navigraph cycle 1801 included with LNM or you have to get a subscription.

Alex

Got it Alex, thanks for clarifying.  I just subscribed to Navigraph, to have everything consistent between LNM and XP11.

Mitch

On 10/27/2018 at 8:11 PM, mitcher said:

Hi All,

New to the community here, and loving Little Navmap's feature set and UI.  It provides such a great level of depth in flight planning.  I'm running X-Plane 11.25 on a 2010 Mac Pro in the United States, and recently discovered how to use the FAA CIFP data available from https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/digital_products/cifp/download to update the nav data from X-Plane's default AIRAC Cycle 1611 to 1810 (the current AIRAC cycle at the time I'm writing this).  However, when I reload the scenery in Little Navmap (Scenery Library --> Load Scenery Library...), after updating X-Plane's nav data, Little Navmap doesn't update the AIRAC Cycle.

Thus my question... Is it possible to update the nav data in Little Navmap using the FAA's CIFP data? Or is a Navigraph subscription the only way to update Little Navmap?  

Of course, I recognize that Little Navmap's data are global, and that the FAA's data available at the link above are only for the United States.

Thanks!

Mitch

Can this be used in FSX PMDG 737?

3 hours ago, jab350 said:

Can this be used in FSX PMDG 737?

1) Directly - no, FAA CIFP file is in ARINC424 format.
2) Indirectly - yes, if you are able to convert ARINC424 format to PMDG nav database format. It's hard but no impossible  😛

Regards,
Piotr

Never give up ...  - here are details of the whip-round: https://zrzutka.pl/en/pewr2d  -> to help my younger son fights against Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (blood cancer).