Sign in to follow this  
bigglesfred

The old chesnut!

Hi All, decided to try and resurrect TP having had a few years off and much has changed. For a start my Windows 7 PC has been upgraded to Windows 10 and it seems that Ed Truthans guide now needs to be read alongside this one. http://rele.me.uk/flight-simulation/tileproxy/tileproxy-installation which seems to be a Windows 10 update.

I followed both to the letter (though I'm starting to doubt this!!) and am getting the error that I have seen reported that is normally associated with driver signing ie:

proxyUser: Volume listing failed with error: 0x80070005
proxyUser: making sure SuperFetch service is not running...
proxyUser: Connecting to the filter
proxyUser: ERROR connecting to filter port: 0x80070002

To summarize:

• I've done the digital driver signing with dseo13b.exe, running it as administrator
  • I've done the file permissions as instructed.
  • I accepted all the defaults for the installation
  • I replaced fsx.cfg
  • Tileproxy.ini has been changed to reflect the new service settings
  • I'm running in test mode
  • UAC is off

Only thing is I've tried running sigverif which checks for driver signing and tileproxy.sys isn't even in the log it creates. Not sure if that's significant or a red herring but its beyond my expertise to know what to do next.

Any suggestions please?

Personally, I would not touch TileProxy with a ten-foot pole:  I have gained a lot of computer knowledge over the years, but this app or whatever it is not for me , or I think, for most other simmers as well to proceed with.    

Shame the only reply is so negative.

Anyway found the answer which was to go direct to the exe file rather the tileproxy menu shortcut and run it as administrator.

Bigglesfred:

Well, in fact, I totally forgot to thank you for this post, and the info offered with this using this app...

However, I do not know what effects it will have on my system, or if it even applies to my setup (which is already running pretty good with FSX-Steam).  My motto is "If it's not broke, don't fix it".