Sign in to follow this  
Guest jaapverduijn

Grindelwald

Greetings all!In a thread that was locked due to Staffan's dumbly self-fulfilling prophecy, JohnCi posted:"(...) I was almost killed in Switzerland by a sudden storm in Grindlewald (...)"That makes two of us, John! Only for me it wasn't a sudden storm, but loosing my footing and bouncing head over heels some 30 or 40 meters down towards the bottom of the Gletscherschlucht of either the Oberer or the Unterer Grindelwald Gletscher. I forgot which one, because it's fourty years ago now: I was 19 at the time, and at that age one isn't easily scared or impressed. Seems to be a killer town, Grindelwald. That same vacation I had a couple (well... actually a lot!) of beers with two Japanese men who went climbing the Eiger a few days later. They're still there, in a state of deep freeze. Weirdly enough I don't remember which gletscher I nearly got killed in, but I do remember the names of those two Japanese: Okura Daihachi and Yoshino Mitsuhiko. The human mind works in mysterious ways...Be well!Jaap Verduijn.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!