Sign in to follow this  
Guest Thad

--Please Help -- FSX Demo won't run!!

Guest VFR_Steve

error msg:''The MSXML4 SP2 component is not installed. Please reinstall flight simulator to restore or repair this missing component''.. I don't believe this, I've just spent the last few hours installing msx.. files and reinstalling the windows sp2 but I still get the same error message.I've tried resintalling, re-dowloading, and I just can't seem to get it to work!! I've searched these forums but failed to see any fixes / remedies that work on my system.Please help!!

Guest VFR_Steve

.. just to clarify, the demo will install ok, it's only when I try and run it I get the error even before it tries to load.please please help me, is there a work around?

Guest VFR_Steve

YES... i JUST REINSTALLED IT JUST IN CASE, THEN REINSTALL THE DEMO ... NO LUCK.WHAT COULD IT BE, THIS IS VERY VERY FRUSTRATING??(sorry left caps on by mistake)

Guest VFR_Steve

thanks for your help guys but unfortunately I have already downloaded and installed the MSXML 4.0 and tried version 6.0 too and STILL no luck. I get that horrible feeling that no one will be able to help me now but I'm still recieving that error message and it's just sooo frustrating. Everyone is now enjoying the new demo but I'm still stuck with that stupid error message!! help!!

Guest VFR_Steve

on the desktop you will notice that I've trie4d installing A NUMBER OF msxml files but no use.Am I the only one experiencing this problem ?????

Guest Snicker

Well.. I can tell you, you are not alone. I get the same error, and have spent lots and lots of hours trying to fix this #### error. Tried installing XML4.0 &6.0 and the files manualy, removing them manualy etc. Nothing helps. I wish there was some way I could see where he tried to load the MSXML from. The game works fine on my crappy laptop, but not on my workstation. Hate this!Hope someone can help.----------------Snicker

Guest Thad

Hey guys,I was just browsing through your thread when this line caught my eye."I wish there was some way I could see where he tried to load the MSXML from"You may want to try FileMon from SysInternals it should show you what files are being loaded and where from. This may prove to be a very valuable tool in your troubleshooting efforts.http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.htmlHope it helps. Good Luck!-Thad