Sign in to follow this  
IamChuckles

VoxATC and WorldofAI

I am currently doing the 30 day trial for VoxATC.  Everything was working fine.  I had a great flight from KSTL to KMSP on Saturday.  I got tired of hearing all the of the "fake" AI aircraft and decided to install World of AI aircraft for KSTL.  I installed American Airlines, American Connection and American Eagle.  I installed in the default World of AI folders.   I started up FSX so it would update scenery databases and I could see the each kind of aircraft with no issues.  However when I went to reindex the VoxATC indexer now it "hangs" on any of the World of AI bgl files.  I really would like to get VoxATC working with World of AI.  I have looked at all of my .cfg files and nothing seems out of the ordinary.  I have tried deleting the American Airlines airline from World of AI but the VoxATC indexer "hangs" on any of the the World of AI bgl I had installed.  

Any ideas?

You do realize that WOAI is hopelessly out of date and has mediocre models? Further, it uses FS9 format flight schedule files, so if you forgot to disable the default FSX traffic file, you wouldn't see any traffic. One can't have both FS9 and FSX AI traffic files active simultaneously.

As a test, don't run VOXATC, but rather set the two AI traffic activity levels in FSX to some positive numbers and see what happens with your setup.

Yes.  The default FSX traffic file was disabled.  I can see the correct AI traffic that I have installed from World of AI if I use FSX to generate traffic.  However I can not get VoxATC work now because it is not able (or does not seem to be able) index the bgl files from World of AI.  The VoxATC indexer will not finish.  I am surprised because I have read on here that others have used VoxATC and World of AI together.