Sign in to follow this  
racer0796

Comms frequency changes

I wonder if anyone can help with a very annoying issue I'm having !

Been trying to sort a problem with fatal error everytime I try and make contact with Lands End tower 120.250, and thought as final idea would purchase AFX to see if a fictitious freq may solve !  Anyway, this has now highlighted a new prob in so much as I am unable to make any com freq changes into vox 7.42 .

AFX works fine with saving in FSX SE , and in spite of running the indexer several times , I am unable to implement my changes into Voxatc panel, and after trying to update another airfield with a new real world A/G radio freq this also remains unchanged !!   I don't understand how after running the indexer , my changes are still not saved , when they are properly implemented in FSX ?       Any advice , ideas would be very welcomed .. 

6 hours ago, racer0796 said:

I wonder if anyone can help with a very annoying issue I'm having !

Been trying to sort a problem with fatal error everytime I try and make contact with Lands End tower 120.250, and thought as final idea would purchase AFX to see if a fictitious freq may solve !  Anyway, this has now highlighted a new prob in so much as I am unable to make any com freq changes into vox 7.42 .

AFX works fine with saving in FSX SE , and in spite of running the indexer several times , I am unable to implement my changes into Voxatc panel, and after trying to update another airfield with a new real world A/G radio freq this also remains unchanged !!   I don't understand how after running the indexer , my changes are still not saved , when they are properly implemented in FSX ?       Any advice , ideas would be very welcomed .. 

I'm not sure why you bought AFX, unless you also are interested in updating FS9 airports. Airport Design Editor (ADE) is freeware and constantly kept up to date for all versions of FSX and P3d. Anyway, the first thing to look for is whether you put the new EGHC BGL files in the correct location in your scenery library. The easiest way of determining what BGL files are being used for a specific airport is to download the freeware utility Little NavMap. Once installed, load the scenery library in LNM, then click on the Airport tab for EGHC and see what files are being used.

Hi Jay,

and thanks for your reply .   I'm not sure what the correct location is though, I'm afraid !?     I did manage to make a save to upgrading the surface of the two main runways (EGHC) which have been tarmac since 2015 and no longer the grass !      All I had to do was press the save icon, after making the changes and all done . Naturally I assumed that com freq, and traffic pattern direction changes  etc would be just simply saved by default in the same way !! 

By the way , I see what you mean re Afx, and I tried ADE so many times, and even downloaded the P3D !.4 sdk, but no joy .  I have fsx steam , and as am sure you know , certain parts of the sdk are missing , and therefore no saves are poss without a lot of fiddling .  

I was wondering if you have any issues with this airport , and am so surprised that with it being a  'TOWERED '.....field  ( and my local unfortunately) it crashes vox ..   Every time I finish with my initial check in , and realease the PTT button , up pops FATAL ERROR !  This doesn't happen on any other towered airport I've tried !!

My setup    Vox 7.42 ,  Fsx se,   Horizon Gen X vfr scenery, uk 2000 ,version 2 fields ...Windows 7 64 bit.   Have tried with disabling the above also, and just running default scenery , aircraft etc ..

Thanks Chris

Hey Chris,

I probably should have asked you this at first, but which airport file did you use for editing in AFX? It's a bit difficult for me to help you since I don't use AFX, but it seems that you could have started with either the FSX stock version or the UK 2000 version of EGHC.  In any case, you could now have 3 versions of EGHC contained in your scenery library. The first being the stock version which is okay. The second being the UK 2000 version and third being the version hat you edited with AFX. FSX doesn't like having multiple 3rd party versions of an airport simultaneously active and your edited version qualifies as a "third party" version. The same is true of VOXATC which is likely also "seeing" two 3rd party versions and is probably picking one of them to use.

Jay

Hi again Jay,

yes , I used the modded airport file !     it gave a choice of either STOCK , or below that MOD, so after that I expected it to just save my changes by default !      i will also add, that everytime I start fsx I'm getting a warning come up stating that afx is incompatible with my version of fsx ,and that I shouldn't run it !?     I wasn't aware that it would want to run everytime I start the sim , but there you go ...lol

I probably should get a refund on it , but am wondering why it seems to be , if you're a steam user , so difficult to make a few com freq changes , and traffic pattern directions etc     I fly vfr around Cornwall, and in real life , and it wasn't just Lands End, I've tried but Bodmin too EGLA, recently changed their A/G freq , and I tried to change this in the sim !!     Just to remind, these changes have been implemented in fsx, because when I bring up the default ATC box there I see my new frequencies , but not in Vox !!  Unfortunately , the only probs  I have in the sim are with Vox , and it's such a shame as for me it's pottentially THE best addon there is .

While I'm here, as well as the non towered airfield issue that we all know only to well about , my other hope for a fix is the lack of traffic . or coms on route .   Even on a cross country 20 25 min flight , and IFR too , the silence  on the radio is very strange and unrealistic ....  I use the old  just flightTraffic 2005 , and also some flights Iv'e created in AIFP , but that's it !   I do have Ultimate traffic 2, which I hoped to use, but I get an unable to find the Voxatc installation when trying to open the UT2 bridge fix , so have not been able to do this .. Not found anything on the forum about this , and any ideas please ?

I really appreciate you trying to help though , and I also know you have helped so many people on here , and are clearly very knowledgeable ......  Thanks again C

Can someone who has , or and uses AFX  Airport Facilitator X,  please advise on how to save the frequency changes with Vox 7.42 latest version ??  

I Also wonder why , the Ultimate traffic 2 bridge  will not find my installation of voxatc !?    anyone come across this issue .... Thanks 

I had another idea of how you may be able to fix this problem. If you look in the folder:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Internal Workings\VoxATC P3D 4\apdata

you will see a bunch of XML files that are named by ICAO code. The file EDDK.xml gives examples of how to add/change airport comm frequencies for just one airport at a time (as opposed to buying a subscription to fsaerodata):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> 
<Airport ReplaceUnits="true">
  <ATSUApproach Name="cologne" Frequency="121.05" />
  <ATSUApproach Name="langen radar" Frequency="126.325" />
	<ATSUTower Name="cologne" Frequency="124.975" />
  <ATSUClearance Name="cologne" Frequency="121.85" />
  <ATSUGround Name="cologne" Frequency="121.725" />
  <ATIS Name="cologne" Frequency="119.025" />
</Airport>

Contained in the remaining XML files there are also entries for ATSUFIS (Flight Information Service), ATSUCenter (FIR/ARTCC) and ATSUAG (Air/Ground, CTAF). I'd also suspect that  entries like ATSUUnicom and ATSUDeparture, might also work.

As an addendum to the above post, the entries <Mulitcom> and <ATIS> also work, but they do not have the ATSU prefix for some odd reason.

Hi Jay, and thanks for this !      Only just seen as not been on here for a while now ..     i will try this as soon as, althiugh at the moment i now have a more pressing matter !!       i have discovered that the traffic I create with AIFP Is not showing ... Going to post on a new thread , in case of some use to others ..  Thanks