Sign in to follow this  
Guest Shalomar

As Real as it gets???

Donny AKA ShalomarFly 2 ROCKS!!!First, some background: I now live in Walnutport PA, very near the Lehigh River south of Slatington airport AKA 69N. Noise abatement procedures for runway 19 are to follow the river to 1200 feet before proceeding on course. The location of my house is almost perfect, aircraft departing north usually circle it up to 3/4 of the way.I went to the airport to look around and noticed a vaugely familiar looking plane based there. Turned out to be a Volpar, Beechcraft model 18 converted to trycicle gear config. Found out it was in the library and grabbed it. I departed Runway 19 69N for KAVP in the Volpar. cleaned up the plane and followed NAP. At 800 feet I began hearing the unmistakable sound of twin radial engines- not from my computer speakers. 3/4 of the way thru my turn to course, the real world Volpar passed in front of my window, just leveling its wings on a northerly course.If I'd taken off about 10 seconds later, it would have been perfect.Best Regards, Donny:-wave

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!