Sign in to follow this  

Came up with a plan, now I am hoping to find someone out here for help in the final execution. Here is the scenario:

--Present setup includes a 42" monitor, sitting on it's original stand on a desk. Needs 28" VERTICAL clearance to get over it.

--looking to use the newer versions of the remote software for FMC and Overhead. FMC is non-issue, I already have a touch laptop to use for that.

--Overhead panel. Have identified touch-screen monitors in various sizes. Would use one of these for the overhead panel with the above software.

Problem: Need to find a monitor mount, to support a 22" or 24" touch-screen OVER the existing 42". Must articulate "out" at a 30-degree angle or so, to create the simulated overhead look. (and be close enough to my chair to "touch" the controls without standing up. Follow up, plan B, I guess I could go with a non-touch monitor and still use the mouse??? Takes away the touch problem.

However, back to the mount, anyone have ideas on a mount like I am describing? The reasoning behind this rather then an actual "hardware" overhead is then I am not locked down to one-style overhead. I can still fly Boeing and CRJ and they will switch to whatever I want.

Thanks in advance! Just trying to find a desk-mount articulating arm that will be tall enough.

John Binner, MCDST
U.S. Dept Of Veteran Affairs, Senior IT Analyst

OI&T, SPM, Clinical Imaging

2022 Build: Thermaltake Core X71 Full tower case, ASUS Prime X570-P Motherboard, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 8-Core CPU, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX6900 XT GPU, G.SKILL Ripjaws 32GB DDR 3600 RAM, Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W 80+ Gold PSU, Cooler Master MasterLiquid ML240L Water Cooler