Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

The Sonoran Desert

I love the Arizona Desert, it is a great base for Light Sport flying with lots of uncontrolled airspace and things to look at when one flies.  In these shots I am flying the Eurofox out of Buckeye up the famous Sun Valley Parkway, the "road to nowhere" because it was meant to be the main highway for the envisioned westward sprawl that never happened.  Only two developments came about, Tartesso and another an outlier of Sun City.

It goes from I-10 in Buckeye, goes some 20 miles or more north then turns into Bell road, as Maricopa County streets change names if they change direction, then it proceeds east all the way to Scottsdale AZ, it is a great loop drive, but once you hit the core of the northern metro area it is slow stop and go traffic, so the Eurofox is a better way to handle it!

John

uh6qgjr.png
ysNElqH.png
b9ECODE.png
Pn8b2T3.png
pop7rQw.png
w9kyQKl.png
qGLMLl0.png
vsQ4PpY.png