Sign in to follow this  
Guest tcable

E3 and FSX ...

Guest tcable

And I'm sure you'll be thinking about a new MD88 for it too :)Any shot of you being in Boston on 4/24 around 5PM (or CVG for the 8PM bank) I'm flying to SFO that night via CVG on a trip that never touches ATL or an MD88 (How I pulled that off on DAL, I'll never know)

Guest Cwest

>Hmmm, if I were going to show FSX at E3 I'd probably want>*something* like: >>Intel Pentium D 830 (3.0GHz) w/Dual Core Technology >2GB DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz >Dual 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800GTX with SLI Technology >NCQ Serial ATA RAID 0 with Dual 160GB Hard Drives >Microsoft Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005>16X DVD-ROM and 16X DVD+/-RW >Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS, PCIw/Dolby Digital EX, IEEE1394 7.1>channel, THX cert Sigh, I guess everyone with AMD CPU's will probably be fighting to counteract any/probable 'optimizations' that are being thrown in for Intel CPUs. I'm just guessing of course, but the way people talk about intel around here makes me wonder.I guess same goes for nvidia and ATI.Anyway,FS is looking better than ever, and will doubt fly better than ever, so hopefully we'll get to see a good show from the Aces team at E3 this year.

Guest tdragger

If you know of any good optimizations for either COU let us know since we don't have any currently.

Guest Cwest

haha, perfect then. As long as nither of us know any, I guess theres only good things to look forward too.

Guest tcable

Thanks for the specs on the demo rig. At least we know what is under the hood and there's no super secret hardware build with custom drivers just for the game...I'd love to hear more about the shuffling of fibers on multi-core processors and what it really means. It's a no brainer that my next PC (hopefully January) will be dual core with at least 2GB of ram and bat -out-of-#### SATA drives.I'll admit that I'm holding out for Vista for the next build though and DX10 video cards. I think SLI is out of the running though just on price.

Guest sclincoln

Well, as long as your M/B supports SLI, that could be a later addition when finances permit. That's probably what I'm going to do.

I think SLI will become redundant when the DX10 cards arrive, thanks MS.

Guest sclincoln

I noticed that too. The devs have pretty much confirmed that FSX will make an appearance at E3 but no official mention anywhere.

Guest tdragger

Well, there's only 3 titles listed for Microsoft so it might be *a bit* incomplete.

you know the old sayin about a RAID... the best way to cause a raid to fail is to build one in the first place :)I will not be going to E3, unfortunately, it crept up on me once again.besides, no booth babes = no fun!

Guest tcable

ATA drives and raid are questionable, but the SCSI stuff I manage at work is solid- they are RAID 5 though.I've nerver had a drive fail at home, but ther's always a first time..