Sign in to follow this  
BobP

P3D4.5 HF1 is working great for my setup

Hi everyone,

The notable changes  are smoother motion and incredible night lighting with  'Level of Detail Radius' set to ultra. I did a complete re-install with the only config changes made from within the sim via the options menu. The Maddog X is excellent relative to performance and fidelity. I re-installed  ORBX base, trees and  NA Land-class and  chose not to install Vector this round as the default roads and coast look fine at FL 350 (MD80) or 3000 with the Vertx DA62. Vector does steal FPS along with the elevation problems that pop up occasionally.The scenery looks fantastic to me. 

I have a modest server with several add on utils running on a client. My server is a Core I7-6700k 4.2 not overclocked. Geforce GTX 1070 with 8 gig and 4K monitor. I don't care at all about FPS, only smooth simulation and can accept occasional stutters in very dense areas. My focus is flying the airplane. For those who key in on FPS,  I did monitor the attribute today and FPS is  pretty steady between 23 and 30 with lower dips in complex airports like KMSY.  My in sim settings are mostly dense. I'm sure that spring cleaning removing  accumulated junk helps performance but so far HF1 is a pleasant improvement with zero crashes and problems. 

Note: FLlabs A320 is not compatible with HF1 yet.

Bob

• Like 1

me 2, love the hotfix....my fps are fast and smooth on my setup with 8ssaa and all sliders to the right😊

my specs

DELL ALIENWARE AURORA R7
Intel Core i7 8700 (6-Core, 12MB Cache, up to 4.6GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology)
32GB ram
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti
128GB M.2 SATA SSD Internal
(2) SAMSUNG T5 500GB 2.50" USB 3.1 V-NAND Portable SSD External
2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s HDD Internal
Windows 10 Home 64bit English
(2) ASUS 28" 4K Ultra HD 1ms LED Gaming Monitor