Simmer

SimConnect: Control CDU

Hi all,

I want to control the CDU of the PMDG 737NGX P3Dv4 via SimConnect. As a first test, I would like to connect a ground power unit, so I am sending these events with via SimConnect by writing into the PMDG NGX control area struct:

"EVT_CDU_R_MENU", Value = 1
"EVT_CDU_R_R5", Value = 1
"EVT_CDU_R_L3", Value = 1
"EVT_CDU_R_L2", Value = 1

That is equivalent to "MENU" -> "FS ACTIONS" -> "GROUND CONNECTIONS" -> "GROUND POWER".

This sequence is working exactly once: As I am inserting delays of 1 second between the events, I can see that the CDU inside of the airplane is doing what I expect. If I try to send the sequence for a 2nd time (no matter if I leave the CDU on the page "GROUND CONNECTIONS" or set it back to some other page from inside of the airplane), nothing happens.

I am respecting "PMDG_NGX_Control.Event == 0" for each single event and I am also able to flip some Overhead switches afterwards. So I don't think that it is a communication problem.

Can you help me with this?

Regards,
Martin

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Interesting: If I manually press the same sequence from inside of the cockpit (Menu, R5, L3, L2), then I can send the command sequence again via SimConnect.

So it looks like if the CDU buttons get "stuck" in their "1" position and that I have to "reset" them from inside of the cockpit.

Do I have to send something like a "release" command so that the keys are released? But I cannot send a zero for every command, because

"EVT_CDU_R_MENU", Value = 1  // press?
"EVT_CDU_R_MENU", Value = 0  // release?
"EVT_CDU_R_R5", Value = 1    // press?
"EVT_CDU_R_R5", Value = 0    // release?
"EVT_CDU_R_L3", Value = 1    // press?
"EVT_CDU_R_L3", Value = 0    // release?
"EVT_CDU_R_L2", Value = 1    // press?
"EVT_CDU_R_L2", Value = 0    // release?

leads to "MENU pressed, MENU released" -> "FS ACTIONS pressed, FS ACTIONS released" -> "GROUND CONNECTIONS pressed, AIR START UNIT = 0 (!!!)".

Finally resolved my problem. If the correct values are sent, the CDU works like a charm.