Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

Aeroplane Heaven Cessna 140 for P3Dv4.4+

Posted (edited)

Someone has this newest model of C140 and uses it in P3Dv4.4+ (with PBR textures)?

https://www.aeroplaneheaven.com/product_cessna.php

I like it very mutch and I recommend this little plane (Im fan of each AH model 😉 ) but I have question about textures:

Id like to ask the other users of C140 and .... antialiasing here (tested in P3Dv4.5 1.0v), especially users P3Dv4.4+ version (textures with PBR). 
Maybe this only on my spec and on P3Dv4. 

I noticed very poor antialising on this model (especially on lines for sure) - on external and internal textures. Whole model "flickers" for me if You change the angle of view. I cant solve it by biggest antialising settings (like 8xSSAA) in P3D but its present still. Strange because I didn't notice this symptom on my other models. I use 4xSSAA what is very good kind of antialiasing for me for Prepar3D and it's enough for me.

Most visible poor antialising is on Well-used skin (see lines, logos ect):

ZlVGUKf.jpg

SvE9JoYm.jpg

I wrote about it in P3D corner http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforum...=1#post1186350 + I find solution: this repaint didnt use MipMaps.
The difference is a huge as You can see (default texture and the same created by me, please see both parts of the model and lines):

pJdL6WX.jpg

For sure I can make over all textures with MipMaps but if You noticed the same its a bigger problem and it needs to be solved by developer directly.

What did You think? Did You notice the same antialising problem on C140 compared the others?
Here is example with MiPMaps (I did it as example):

SN8Eo4Hm.jpg

As You see line are very good and no antialising problem here.
Btw. I didnt notice the same with other models and models of AH before He-111 (AH changed kind of textures from He-111).

Edited by YoYo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!