Sign in to follow this  
Xplane-User

Newbie Xplane RealityXP and RealSimGear Questions

Sorry if this is a super basic question.

Just getting started with Xplane 11, primarily to practice with Garmin 430 and 530.

What exactly does Reality XP add to Xplane's simulation of the 430 and 530?

Also, any opinions and guidance of the RealSimGear 430 and 530 bezels would be appreciated.  Is RealityXP recommended or needed with the RealSimGear bezels?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

On 5/28/2019 at 11:50 PM, Xplane-User said:

Sorry if this is a super basic question.

Just getting started with Xplane 11, primarily to practice with Garmin 430 and 530.

What exactly does Reality XP add to Xplane's simulation of the 430 and 530?

Also, any opinions and guidance of the RealSimGear 430 and 530 bezels would be appreciated.  Is RealityXP recommended or needed with the RealSimGear bezels?

Thanks in advance!

Sam

I have the Reality XP 750 which I cannot recommend enough.  I imagine they do a good job with the 430 and 530 as well.  I love the 750 because the GUI works so well, it interfaces with quite a few Xplane11 aircraft, and flies approaches very well.  I have no dislikes, albeit I have never used a 750 in real life, in fact most Light Sport aircraft I have flown have had black and white, old school gps's and the trikes I have flown, my CFI's would either have me fly by dead reckoning or use a handheld inexpensive gps, not that it was needed on our flights because we always stayed within 10-20 nm of our home field and only landed in desert washes to practice engine out landings or short field landings. 

Back to the 750, I find it so immersive, and I used to not like that level of automation in the cockpit, but just seeing its advanced technology and intuitive "info at your fingertips" and touchscreen interface vs. the 530 I like so much.

I hope this helps, as I have said, if it is the 430 or 530 you are looking for, RealityXP is still the ticket.

John

Hi John,

Thank you so much.

That's what I was hoping to hear.

Can't wait to try  Reality XP.

Thanks again,

Sam