Sign in to follow this  
AndrejS

Proper on ground GA refueling procedure

Hey, 

i've just started the a from KSEZ to PAHO zig-zaging nearly all of my ORBX NA airports. SInce this cannot be done with one fuel tank only (i'm flying the Aero commander Shrike 500s) i've stopped at KPSP to test the refueling procedure (SHIFT F) only to find out, it does not "offer" truck refueling (no fuel trucks are available at this airport). Which is kind of strange since i parked right next to two fuel trucks (tried on a regular parking spot with no success). So my question is whether truck refueling is available in default P3d install or do i have to buy some 3rd party add-ons (GSX)? 

Thanks for your help.

Win 7 Home (SP1), i7 2600@3.4, RAM 16gb, gtx 1080 Ti, ssd disks, DELL U2715H

P3d ver 4.5.12.30293, TrackIr v5, T16000M + TWCS

Ok, read the P3d Learning center where it says to taxi the airplane up to the fuel station, park and wait for fuel tanks to get loaded. So, how can i find out (beside going for a exploration walk with Orbx's BOB) where the fuel station is situated?  

Regarding the GSX+GSXv2. Is it worth a buy if i only fly smaller airplanes (mainly GA, otherwise nothing more than F50)? Other than follow me, towing (is it theoretically working with GA airplanes? I know that there's no sense using it for GA, just asking) and fuel truck, other options are jetliners only?

If you don't see the fuel station then I guess the next fastest way is to use ADE to open up the airport and have a look for it.  I believe all default airports have one, they are usually located in some off the wall unrealistic location but they are easy to see with ADE.

The only benefit I see for GA aircraft from GSX is that you can get a marshaller to assist you in parking.  That is all I use GSX for when I fly the DC-6.  I also use ADE in flying my DC-6 or BBJ such that I have a large enough suitable parking space in front of or near the FBO.

Edited by downscc
  • Like 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Hey, thanks for the idea, never thought of using Little Navmap for this (i'm not familiar with ADE, been flying only since Dec 2018, so LN is much more convenient to me). If i'll have some time left, i'll check the ADE version too, but right now i'm lost with all the files one airport is made of, so i have no idea which file to look into in search for fuel station. 

39 minutes ago, AndrejS said:

Hey, thanks for the idea, never thought of using Little Navmap for this (i'm not familiar with ADE, been flying only since Dec 2018, so LN is much more convenient to me). If i'll have some time left, i'll check the ADE version too, but right now i'm lost with all the files one airport is made of, so i have no idea which file to look into in search for fuel station. 

Airport Design Editor (ADE) is free from Scruffyduck and it includes a very thorough manual helpful for beginners.

The default airport will be in one of hundreds of APX files, don't worry ADE will find it for you. You then have the option of modifying the airport and when you compile it it becomes an AF (airport file) or AFCAD file.  All addon airports include one bgl file that is the AF file and it's usually pretty obvious by filename which one it is. 

The ADE manual has install instructions, you'll need to also download the P3D SDK because ADE needs to use the bglcomp compiler to make bgl files.

Dan Downs KCRP

Oh well, 

according to the LNM, the fuel parking spot (#2)in L35 is situated outside airport's boundaries (behind the fence) and there's a plane parked in front of this parking space. Amazing that such a basic task as filling the fuel tanks requires so much work. 

ORBX airports have all at least a million of bgl and xml files, so i'm out of luck here. I guess in the end i'll buy GSX and be served by the fuel truck from then on.