Sign in to follow this  
ilanj

pmdg 777-200 (only) problem *solved*

Hi guys - it seems my Linda (latest) does not communicate correctly with PMDG 777-200 models. All is well with the 300ER and all other airplanes I use, yet the 200's won't work.

All is recognised well, Linda connected to sim (P3d V3) but all the commands are wrong - for example, on my Saitek switch panel, deice activates the window wipers, other just cause a mouse click in random spots.   Any clue how to fix this?

* Different liveries - same result

* default panel.cfg - same result

* reloading/reassigning - same result

* FSUIPC event log - correct event sent to P3D, but the action is wrong. 

Thanks in advance!

Edited by ilanj
Solved!

Something similar to me happened the other day. My Ngx has 1 profile for all versions 6-900, and when selected in sim Linda will show the module name “PMDG NGX”.

when I was useing the 700 WL the module name changed to PMDG 700 WL...I’ve never created that module, so I went to the aircraft files and deleted it, all well again.

could this have happened to you too?

you may have a module for the 200 and 300 and only the 200 module set up, hence things not doing as it should in the 300.

you can copy the assignments over from the 200 to the 300 if you want a 300 module, don’t need to redo everything.

• Like 1

Luke Pype

Thanks for the reply!

Actually all my 777 models load as one in Linda, named "PMDG 777" or the like - works perfectly in the 300's, acts weird in the 200's. I tried to create a custom assignment profile for the 200 model but same result. 

3 hours ago, ilanj said:

Thanks for the reply!

Actually all my 777 models load as one in Linda, named "PMDG 777" or the like - works perfectly in the 300's, acts weird in the 200's. I tried to create a custom assignment profile for the 200 model but same result. 

Ok, I was to quick to say no... Rethinking of it, the profile I created might has caused the same as you described, and it did! I deleted the custom directories and all came back to normal. Thanks for the tip maddogz! 

Edited by ilanj