Sign in to follow this  

Squawk Code request

Guest GA Flyer

I can live around it but it would be nice if when getting an IFR clearance and confirming the clearance the sim does not automatically set the Transponder.As it is now if the user confirms the Clearance the code is automatcially changed. The work around is to change it before you confirm. But normally I'm writing down the info I was told and just before I can confirm enough time has passed when ATC ask me if I heard them (which even thought its a computer still makes me feel like a novice when that happens).Like I said I can live around it but feel that part of the fun of the sim is to do the things yourself and not have the sim do it for you (unless you enable it too).Jack

Agree. However, the sim also needs to let people "grow" from introductory level so I feel this should be a tick box in the realism settings. The same goes for auto-tuning radios btw.

Guest nem

>As it is now if the user confirms the Clearance the code is>automatcially changed. The work around is to change it before>you confirm. But normally I'm writing down the info I was>told and just before I can confirm enough time has passed when>ATC ask me if I heard them (which even thought its a computer>still makes me feel like a novice when that happens).And here is the problem IMO - they ask much too soon. If the timespan between clearance and asking if you heard them was longer, you could set the squawk manually no problem.http://www.virtualpilots.org/signatures/vpa168.png

no problem setting it manually, at least using my GoFlight console :)