Sign in to follow this  
Eduardo Holanda

Prepar3D v3 settings change

I did a fresh install of Prepar3D v3.4 on my computer, but i'm having problems. By default, the Prepar3D v3 is set on near max graphic settings and seems impossible to reach the graphic setting menu without starting a flight.

My computer is not very good and eventually can't handle the max graphic setting. When I start a flight, after loading, my Prepar3D crashes every time, so I can't reach the settings menu.

Is possible to set the graphics setting to the lowest possible without starting a filght? Maybe editing the Prepar3D.cfg or using Graphics Profile on Scenario Setup?

Eduardo Holanda

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Eduardo Holanda said:

I did a fresh install of Prepar3D v3.4 on my computer, but i'm having problems. By default, the Prepar3D v3 is set on near max graphic settings and seems impossible to reach the graphic setting menu without starting a flight.

My computer is not very good and eventually can't handle the max graphic setting. When I start a flight, after loading, my Prepar3D crashes every time, so I can't reach the settings menu.

Is possible to set the graphics setting to the lowest possible without starting a filght? Maybe editing the Prepar3D.cfg or using Graphics Profile on Scenario Setup?

Eduardo Holanda

Try backing up the config file then delete it start P3D and let it build a new config it should then put you back to the default settings.

If however you are unable to see the scenario setup screen and it`s going strait to the default flight check the config file under [USERINTERFACE] SHOW_SCENARIO_WINDOW=1 this will go to the setup screen you can then change the settings.

Edited by rjfry
  • Like 1

i7 7700K 4.8 \ MSI RTX 2080Ti GAMINGX TRIO \ M.2  Samsung 960 EVO \ 1TB Samsung 850 EVO \ 2TB BarraCuba \ 16GB G.SKILL DDR4 3000MHZ \ Windows 10 Home\ ASUS 28" 4K monitor\ P3Dv4.5

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg