Sign in to follow this  
domkle

Some newbie varied questions

So many questions, hard to be a newbie after decades of knowing my FS world inside out¬†ūüėĀ !¬†

1/ How to easily select the airport you want to fly ? Instant action and fast mission choose one for me, not necesseraly the one I want to fly from. I want to do TnG in Sir Abbu Nuayr for instance.  

2/ Is there a way to know  the prevailing wind ? No ATC option that I can see when starting ready to go on a runway ?

3/ I saw on some screenshots or YT clip, some simmers had  a red transparent  window on the bottom left showing the position of alll the HOTAS and pedals  axes ? Where is the option for that ?

4/ IIs there a way to tune the elevator trimmer button which is a bit brutal ? 

5/  About the aircraft carrier, only with the F18 module or is there one somewhere on the PG map ?

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - My YouTube Channel

Hello,

1. Start positions can be modified in a Fast Mission but would require knowing a little bit about the editor to move your airbase starting location. Basically once the mission is created, you can find your plane at airbase selected, then click and drag your plane to the airbase you want to fly from. If you do that you might find yourself far from the action, so to avoid that,  in the fast mission selections menu,  pick a start position on the map that is close to the airbase of your choice, you'll probably get that airbase automatically.  If not then as mentioned in the editor before you fly, click and drag your flight to airbase.   Instant action I can't comment on.

2. Without mods I don't think you can display current weather or METAR.  So best guess here is to look for a mod that will provide weather briefing.  if you flying someone's custom mission, it is sometimes standard to include weather details in the briefing. Custom mission design allows you to set weather to your liking.

3. What you want is: Show Controls Indicator

4. Don't know how to modify trim behavior.

5. For carrier ops (USS Stennis is provided : Add Ship Group in editor) you are going have to get into using the editor.   Something like:  Create your fast mission. Then instead of flying, click edit mission.  Now in the editor add your carrier, then as in #1 above click and drag your plane overtop the Carrier you added.  If you picked Start from runway it should snap to over the carrier.  Now click fly mission in the editor and you have customized fast mission.  Caveat.  The Fast mission didn't provide an F-18 selection for me. If that's the case then create you mission using a different aircraft type , drop on carrier and then you can edit the aircraft type in the drop down on the right to select the F18. Once you get comfortable in the editor you'll be able to customize to your hearts content.

Mike

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Mongrelf said:

Mike

I will soak into your post Mike but wanted to thank you straight away !  

Edited by domkle

Dominique

Simming since 1981 - Prepar3D v3 on a 4770 @ 4.4 GHz and a 1080 @ 2560*1440 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - My YouTube Channel