Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ridge_Runner_5

Quotes

I received these in an email this morning and thought I would share them. Some of them have been around a while but then again many of you have not!Whoever said the pen is mightier than the sword obviously neverencountered automatic weapons." ----General Mac Arthur---------------------------------------------------------------------"You, you, and you...Panic. The rest of you, come with me."U.S. Marine Corps Gunnery Sgt.---------------------------------------------------------------------"Though I Fly Through the Valley of Death....I Shall Fear No Evil. For I am at 80,000 Feet and Climbing."Entrance to old SR-71 base, Kadena, Japan-----------------------------------------------------------"You've never been lost until you've been lost at Mach 3."Paul F. Crichmore (test pilot)---------------------------------------------------------------------"The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire."------------------------------------------------------------"Blue water Navy truism: There are more planes in the ocean thansubmarines in the sky."---From an old carrier sailor------------------------------------------------------------"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably ahelicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."------------------------------------------------------------"When one engine fails on a twin-engine airplane you always have enough power left to get you to the scene of the crash."------------------------------------------------------------"Without ammunition, the USAF would be just another expensive flyingclub."------------------------------------------------------------"What is the similarity between air traffic controllers and pilots? If a pilot screws up, the pilot dies; If ATC screws up,....the pilot dies."------------------------------------------------------------"Never trade luck for skill."------------------------------------------------------------The three most common expressions (or famous last words) in aviation are:"Why is it doing that?" "Where are we?" and "Oh My God!"------------------------------------------------------------"Weather forecasts are horoscopes with numbers."------------------------------------------------------------"Progress in airline flying: now a flight attendant can get a pilotpregnant."------------------------------------------------------------"Airspeed, altitude and brains. Two are always needed to successfullycomplete the flight."------------------------------------------------------------"A smooth landing is mostly luck; two in a row is all luck; three in a row is prevarication."------------------------------------------------------------"I remember when sex was safe and flying dangerous."------------------------------------------------------------"Flying the airplane is more important than radioing your plight to aperson on the ground incapable of understanding or doing anything about it."------------------------------------------------------------"When a flight is proceeding incredibly well, something was forgotten------------------------------------------------------------"Just remember, if you crash because of weather, your funeral will beheld on a sunny day."------------------------------------------------------------"A pilot who doesn't have any fear probably isn't flying his plane to its maximum."John McBride, astronaut------------------------------------------------------------"Never fly in the same cockpit with someone braver than you."------------------------------------------------------------"If something hasn't broken on your helicopter, it's about to."------------------------------------------------------------Basic Flying Rules: "Try to stay in the middle of the air. Do not go near the edges of it. The edges of the air can be recognized by the appearance of ground, buildings, sea, trees and interstellar space. It is much more difficult to fly there."------------------------------------------------------------"You know that your landing gear is up and locked when it takes fullpower to taxi to the terminal."------------------------------------------------------------As the test pilot climbs out of the experimental aircraft, having torn off the wings and tail in the crash landing, the crash truck arrives; the rescuer sees a bloodied pilot and asks, "What happened?". The pilot's reply: "I don't know, I just got here myself!"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!