Sign in to follow this  

Saved flights in FSX?

This has been an issue for many of the complex add-ons that I have. It appears that saving certain things do not save. Lets take saved (windows), we have a CDU, EICAS and throttle window open when saving yet because of limitations perhaps only one will be visible upon resuming the flight. In other areas we will notice engines that are not at the setting they were saved at so you might find yourself with a aircraft loaded and engine only starting to regain their prior thrust position. I can think of many more things in this regard. So, is this based in part upon limitations in the sim and or developers not coding correctly? This is seen also in saved flight videos, when I load the flight video alomst everything is not in the correct position although it shows the aircraft flying correctly.[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest tdragger

The flight save code only has knowledge of stuff built into the core game. It could be that the add-ons are maintaining internal state information that game knows nothing about. (This is just speculation, though, as I don't know what add-ons you're referring to.) The could serialize their own state but I don't know how robust a system that would be. If there are particular add-ons that exhibit this behavior, let me know and I'll try to sync up with them on what they're doing.

Guest FSFM3

Hi Mike,i think one of addons in question is PMDG 737 NG.....Fabio

Thanks for the reply sir! Of course one would be the plane I am most involved with at present, namely the PMDG 747-400 but is not limited to PMDG products. We are also busy on the F version so the same should apply. I am sure you know the LDS 767. I can recall loading saved flights in FS2002 for this aircraft that were really saved regardless of the coding of this aircraft (Custom A/P etc) yet you could load a saved flight perfectly. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]A PROUD MEMBER OF THE PMDG BETA TEAMEvolution is a process that results in heritable changes in a population spread over many generations

Some addons had trouble with the changes in the PLN file format between FS2002 and FS2004. Some even had changes with the change in format between 9.0 and 9.1 (despite that only involving the version number of the generator AFAIK).9.1: waypoint.0=, KSEA, , KSEA, A, N47* 25.89', W122* 18.48', +000429.00, 8.0: waypoint.0=KCGX, A, N41* 51.54', W87* 36.58', +000593.00, I don't know if there's a description of the file format in the SDK, might make sense to document the format if there isn't.Problem is people are blaming Microsoft for making changes which affect only 3rd party products that Microsoft has no control over.