Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

FSX Missions

Over the last few weeks, I noticed not much being asked/said about missions in FSX and since this is a novel addition to the default FS package, I can't help wondering WHAT possible mission themes would be involved.I have a few speculations:- Fly from A to B with X amount of passengers and earn some sort of 'credit' system, either in form of currency or achieving rank.- Fly some difficult passages through mountains in bad weather and achieve successful landings.- Fly some sort of acrobatics through some "hoops" in the sky. (personally I would feel this as boring, the appeal wears off after a few attempts)- Complete missions in a set order and within time limits to achieve the rank of Captain.What I personally feel would be a great elaboration and immersion factor to a mission would be the loading of passengers/cargo at a gate, add a 'living' cockpit environment with online movie playing, crew announcements, fasten seat belts etc almost comparable to "FS Passengers".This would appeal to younger audiences that have a taste for action rather than pure simulation.I don't think (purely in my own opinion) that the FS-Team have gone to such great depth as incorporating "Earn money so that you can maintain your aircraft with repairs/spare parts and buying fuel", but I do think the SDK package would allow for detailed add-ons. (FS-Team provides the skeleton and 3rd parties provide the flesh)Overall I feel that the missions are targeted at 'new comers' to FS, as I have the impression that most people that use these forums are users that engross themselves in FS to a larger degree than the casual user. Also users of FS are far older than other 'gaming' products. How many 50 year olds play Quake/Half life these days?Thanks for reading :)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hm interesting, I was assuming that a large component of the missions would involve finding people or 'things'. ie rescuing lost bush walkers or searching for a boat on the sea. Or how about, some guy has committed a crime and you have the description of the car, so you must go find him?What you are saying about achieving a rank could be applied to multiplayer? You must do the training and pass the test before you can fly that plane type online.John.

Police helicopter would be a really sweet mission... it'd be sorta like the GTA3/VC/SA minigames where you get orders like "Chase in progress west of the freeway!" and you have to go lend support or something.