Sign in to follow this  
dmiannay

MS flight simulator X and windows vista

Hi Guys,I'm noticing (as well as alot of other simmers probably) a ton of hype about the new flight sim X coming out along with the new windows vista platform supposedly more geared for multi-media and gaming. But I haven't read any real meatty information concerning fS-X, except for those few posted screenshots. My big question ..and I'm sure the rest of you would like to know too, is there any information Avsim, or Flightsim, or Microsoft, or any third party developers can share with us concerning addons, or compatibility between FS-X and FS2004? I have sunk a wheel-barrow full of money into sceneries and payware planes (some of which is excellent work) and so now what happens? Is Bill Gates going to see to it that all this payware that alot of us have shelled out big bucks for, is going to work in FS-X? Or can all you third party developers that got well paid by us for your products, ensure that we can count on updates or patches to see that we can continue to enjoy the products we paid you for, or is it all back to square one and we have to buy all this stuff all over again? Anyone know? Or...does all this mean...Is Bill Gates really Satan?? (Just kidding Bill :-wave )Anyway, I'm waiting with baited breath for answers to this post .:-beerchug

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Sobaka,Who better to get the answer from than the current FSX Program Manager at Microsoft, Mike Gilbert. Here's his take on backward compatibility posted on his blog... http://blogs.msdn.com/tdragger/archive/200.../31/458560.aspxEnjoy!DougDell XPS Gen3 (3.6GHz/800FSB) | 2GB DDR SDRAM | 74GB SATA, 10k RPM (C: ) | 120GB SATA (D: ) | 256MB ATI Radeon X800 XT (Catalyst 5.13) | Audigy 2 ZS Sound | MS Force Feedback 2 | WindowsXP Pro (SP2) | DirectX 9.0c