Sign in to follow this  
Guest christian

Heat distortion from the exhausts

Would it be nice if implemented in this new version of fsx?:-) I think with the new gpu it will be not difficult to have... no?

The effect is already in FS, seen it on a few addons, although not as distinct as your pic. Check out the freeware f-14 it has it.One thing I have notice after upgrading my PC, you tend to see lots more sutble things with more computing powerRegards, MichaelKDFWhttp://www.calvirair.com/mcpics/mcdcvabanner.jpgCalVirAir International

Best, Michael

KDFW

Guest Bell206freak

There's also a heat blur/exhaust effect available for the default Bell 206 BIII JetRanger over at Hovercontrol. It's not the greatest, but it gets the job done nonetheless.I hope to see this as an advanced feature default to all aircraft in FSX.

those are effects with bitmap. What i mean is a "shader effect" of the new graphic cards.. it is a distortion of the graphic, much different from a simple effect with a bitmap...Alberto

Guest FLC  C.E.O.

Well if we do get that effect it would also be great to see it on hot days over the ground (runway) in the far distance.

Guest Jimbofly

EF2000 had that from DID way back in 1996. The heat blur actually distorted the graphics behind it. Was an awesome effect.I always thought it strange that FS never incorporated this, up until FS9.

Guest christian

I have to say I'm not too fussed about the engine heat - how often would we really see that. But the heat haze over ground surfaces - now that would be awesome, great idea...Christian