Sign in to follow this  
SailorDoc

Keypad for G1000 for Carenado C172SP

Using the above aircraft on a Win10 machine, flying FSX (b0xed) w/all add updates. Trying to program a flight plan using G1000. Is there a keypad OR do you use a computer keyboard for input data? The reason Im asking is, I have hit Shift 1-0 no keypad or AP pop ups. I tried using my computer keyboard for inputs but that does not work. Was trying to program a flight from KTVL (Lake Tahoe) to KMRY (Monterey). I tried using the scroll wheel but it does not pick up the Arrival Airport KMRY. Any help is greatly appreciated. I have noticed on other Carenado aircraft, using the G1000, there is a pop up keypad and Autopilot for easy input. Does not appear that way for the C172SP G1000. Thanks for any help.

I suspect others who own the Carenado C172 SP, would have an answer to the keypad for flight plan data entry and autopilot input. I'm simply asking is there a pop up keypad for G1000 for flight planning & auto pilot as there is in Carenado's TBM 850? I cannot find a pop up keypad within the C172SP and my computer keyboard does not have any effect for data input. If you use or have used the C172SP and had issues with data input, please reply. It appears this is an issue that has been experienced by others using this aircraft. Any reply and solution would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BTW, I have submitted the above gripe to Carenado. Hopefully they will reply. If they do and have a solution, I will submit their reply to this forum.