Sign in to follow this  
Guest beana51

THE VENERABLE PIPER J-3 CUB

For those who love those "CUBS", the currant issue of AOPA, has a wonderful feature story about that legend. It reminds us this was the plane of the greatest generation. "There was nothing like it" For many its still the plane of choice,to learn,and enjoy. I have some fond memories about the Cub.It taught me all I had to know about flying. They are now worth ten or more times than what they were worth.Now that fuel is a concern,the cub still sips gas at about 5gals per hr.So, forget the "Glass Panel"Fly like you feel the plane ,yur butt can tell you more than any instrument.I thought I was reminiscing a bit, but its refreshing to see the eternal interest in this yellow taildrager, from a different time.However ,they are now making some lookalike cubs today.A restored Cub has a market value today from $23,000 to $40,000 US dollars. It may still be a bargain.In 1946 a new cub cost $2,195. We come a long way,.....BABY!! "WHEN ASKED BY SOMEONE HOW MUCH MONEY FLYING TAKES? WHY ALL OF IT! WAS THE REPLY -Gordon Baxter"

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!