Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hugo

Visualmouse

Guest zswobbie1

Hi all, I downloaded something called VisualMouse that works with a webcam which tracks your head movement and moves the mouse cursor. Has anyone tried this and any idea how to hook things up so I can get a look around view in the VC? I have active camera as well. It is called vmsetup_0_985.exe I think I got it from here:http://www.download.com/VisualMouse/3000-2...4-10154762.htmland here http://www.mousevision.com/downloads/ I have just tried Can2pan. Not with flightsim yet. It seems to give me vertical movement of the mouse cursor only. Visualmouse gives virtical and horizontal. movement. It is a free beta version .0985. Now to get it to interface with Flight Sim..

zswobbie,Thanks for your post about this interesting program.I downloaded Visualmouse and tried it on the beta of FSX and I am pleased to say that it does work! With practise you can pan around the virtual cockpit using head-movements, its quite amazing.To get this to work you need to use the "4 keys (keep)" option in visual mouse. Then re-define the 4 keys to the cursor keys. Then when in FSX and in the cockpit you will need to activate the mouse pan option using shft-o. Then activate visualmouse and switch back to FSX and you should see that your head movements pan around the cockpit.I'm off to try this a bit more and will post any further refinements. I will also look to see whether I can get it working in FS9 and will let you know.Thanks for the heads up on this wonderful program.Ralph.

Guest zswobbie1

Hi RalphI am pleased that you managed to get Visualmouse working. Can you explain how to set things up in FS9? I have not it tried yet, but is the mouse pan option the same in FS9 & FSX? Do I do as follows:1. Start VisualMouse.2. Redefine the 4 keys to cursor keys3. Start FS9 and activate mouse pan. (must find out how)4. Go back to VM and activate VM5. Back to FS9Pleasure for the HU.I have no idea how I found itRobin

Hi Robin,After further tinkering with the program it seems that you do not need to use the "4 Keys" option. I believe you can simply leave the default Switch set up option of "cursor".However I can only currently get this to work with FSX, since FS9 doesn't have the mouse pan option:( I will however try this with active camera and will post another message to let you know how it goes.Thanks,Ralph.

Guest zswobbie1

Hi RalphThanx for all the help. There must be some way to remap keys in FS9. What about the hat control on a CH Yoke? or am I off the beaten track? Do you have active camera working in FSX? I have not tried FSX yet - waiting for the launch. Also having only dialup access for 600M...CheersRobin

Robin,I think you are on the right track in using the hat control to link into Visualmouse. Unfortunately I am not sure that in FS9 theres anyway to remap the hat control to either the mouse or other keys (unless anyone else has any idea).I am trying again with using either Active Camera and the "4 keys" option in Visualmouse and will let you know how I get on.Thanks,Ralph.

Guest zswobbie1

Ralph, I am also going to put on my thinking cap. I will try and see if I can map the hat keys straight to the cursor keys. Anyway, its getting late here in Cape Town South Africa. I will see tomorrow what we can come up with.CheersRobin

Guest zswobbie1

Is this it? I found this site: http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp.They do a "F1 View Utility" . The readme says.. Modes of Operation:Virtual-cockpit:Wheel forward moves you forward and wheel backward moves you back. CTRL+forward moves right and CTRL+backward moves left. SHIFT+forward moves up and SHIFT+backward moves down. CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in. While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down) inside the Virtual Cockpit:Moving the mouse to the left rotates the view to the left. Moving the mouse to the right rotates the view to the right. Moving the mouse forward, away from the user, rotates the view up. Moving the mouse backward, towards the user, rotates the view downMaybee?More tomorrowRobin

>Is this it? I found this site:>http://atr.flight1.net/atr_downloads.asp.>They do a "F1 View Utility" . The readme says.. >>Modes of Operation:>Virtual-cockpit:>>Wheel forward moves you forward and wheel backward moves you>back. >CTRL+forward moves right and CTRL+backward moves left. >SHIFT+forward moves up and SHIFT+backward moves down. >CTRL+SHIFT+forward zooms out and CTRL+SHIFT+backward zooms in.>>While in Pan Mode (when mouse wheel is pressed and held down)>inside the Virtual Cockpit:>>Moving the mouse to the left rotates the view to the left. >Moving the mouse to the right rotates the view to the right. >Moving the mouse forward, away from the user, rotates the view>up. >Moving the mouse backward, towards the user, rotates the view>down>>Maybee?>>More tomorrow>>RobinI tried this and it works flawlessly, but I lost the ability to use the wheel for changing the dials on the auto-pilot and radio settings.I'm going to try this panning program though - would be great if it works out. Anyone tr it with a ch Yoke? Would the pan hat still work and would it affect the CH manager?Thanks, KendallDell 8400 3.2 GHZ H.T.800 FSB/2MB L22 GB 533 DDR2X800XT 256MB/Cat.5.13's6x Adaptive AA/16x HQ A/FIntegrated SoundDual Monitor: Dell 2405/1905CH Yoke/Pedals

Regards, Kendall

Guest B1900 Mech

Has anyone been able to get the scroll,or middle button on a trackball or mouse to activate VC panning in FSX?

Guys,I have tried a number of ways to get Visualmouse working in FS9 by linking to the movement of the joystick hat and have had no luck.I can get it to work in fs9 by reassigning the left/right/up/down pan keys to any keys not being used by FS9. Then go into visualmouse and assign the "4 keys" to the ones choosen in FS9. Run Visual mouse but using the 4 Keys (keep) Switch. When in FS9 virtual cockpit the head movements will pan you around, but the movement is jerky and not very satisfactory.HOWEVER for anyone that has either the FSX demo or beta I would STRONGLY recommend giving this program a try. Whilst I haven't used the TrackIR hardware you might find that that the results achieved by the methods I described in my first post above are a good compromise.If I find out a better way to link this into FS9 I will post again.Ralph.

Mech,I'm afraid I couldn't get the middle mouse button (scroll wheel) to activate the VC. Have you managed to try out Visualmouse, and if so what do you think of it?I would be interested to hear from anyone who has TrackIR as to how the Webcam/Visualmouse combination compares.Ralph.

Guest Hugo

Hi guys. The author of VM also made Cam2Pan, a shareware that has an FS settings already built in. I made a fast run of it and seams to have some potentials. Can be downloaded here: http://www.mousevision.com/download.htmThere is a discussion about it here: http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2.../8451061142/p/1I also found this freeware, Freelook, at http://www.freelook.org that is supposed to be a cam2pan (and TrackIr???) alike but did not manage to get much of it. The instructions are... well... limited, though the forum could be of limited help too :-)Thought U'd like to know. Hey! If anyone finds interresting ways to couple Freelook and FS, just let us know ;-)Hugo