Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Need help with my aircraft night texture editing.

Hi all,After a long hold on my repaint work, I forgot how to save the night textures. When I save my edited textures, I get no window illumination.This is how I do:1. Edit a night texture with window illumination in .tga format 32 bit. (I use PSP 7.0)2. Adding an alphalayer, which has the color 0, 0, 0, over the windowsection, and 255, 255, 255 all the rest.3. Open the .tga with Imagetool4. Saving with DX3 and light map option.Shouldn

Hi,Of course, I think that is one beautiful plane... :)Anyway, a few things to consider:1. The window lights will come on only when you turn your lights on (L key) - the others will come on with the Landing Lights (Ctrl-L).2. The night textures should be in the same format as the day textures, and should have the same base name with _L added before the .bmp.To refresh your memory about night textures, refer to my Repainting Tutorial on my Tutorials page - it's for PSP7.Hope this helps,--Tom GibsonCal Classic Propliner Page: http://www.calclassic.comFreeflight Design Shop: http://www.freeflightdesign.comDrop by! ___x_x_(")_x_x___

Hi Tom,Thanks for your reply. :-)I know,....as a matter of fact, I have only modified the existing night bitmaps, thus they have the original filenames. This is why don