Sign in to follow this  
OwenHewitt

Sound problem from fs2004 fixed in FSX

Guest JohnEGPF

When I bought fs2004 one of the first things I noticed was how unbalanced the wind noises were in the jets, what I mean by this is you look out the front view the wind noise was at low volume, looking left or right the wind noise volume was VERY loud.I posted about it at the time but I dont think it was a big deal for many people, but for me I found this very distracting , it really detracted from the immersion factor cruising along at FL310.I just copied the default FS9 737 over to the demo,I also downloaded from here the CFM56 sound set by Devyn Silverstein to use with it.First things first this sound set is THE BEST 737 set I have ever heard really amazing many thanks Devyn.Now as the wind noise increases the volume remains constast regardless of which way I'm looking in the cockpit, what a difference it makes, no more jarring distracting volume changesMany thanks to all at ACES and especially to whoever did the sound engine for FSX.John

Guest JohnEGPF

Just an update with regard to Devyn's sound for the 737After a few more flights if you Fly a 737 you have to try these sounds a true works of art.Filename is cfm56-7_series.zip here at avsim, try them and see what you think.John

You can thank David Henry for the improvmeents in sound. He was brought into the ACES camp as the sound engineer for FSX. :-beerchug Best,Owen