Sign in to follow this  
greggerm

Move FSX activation.

Guest BOPrey

Hi all,Here is my problem. I have a midrange machine which I use for FS9, and I am going to build a new machine next month. If I install FSX on my current machine, how am I going to move the activation to my new machine? Do I have to call MS for that? If it is too much trouble transfering the activation, I am going to hold off for now.

Activation will give you "x" number of tries online before it reverts to forcing you to call it in. If you install it on computer (A) on Oct. 17, you should have no problem installing it on computer (:( on Nov. 17. It is unknown as to how many installations/activations are given to you before the system stops and asks you to call a Microsoft person, but since the EULA allows you to install it on a home (desktop) and a portable (laptop), I'd imagine that it's at least two activations.If you ARE asked to call, the MS rep will ask why you are activating (tell them you built a new PC), and they will ask if the program is installed on any other computers. Answer no (because you DID take it off your old PC, right!), and he/she will provide you with the code needed to unlock it. 5-10 minutes of your life! That's it!-Greg