Sign in to follow this  
Guest Knikolaes

Pueblo Community College starts flight school.

Hello, All. I am usually only seen in the MSFS areas of this forum, and this is my first time even seeing the Hanger Chat, however as much as I am a fan of AVSIM I felt I absolutely had to post this great news.For any of you who may be from Colorado, The Pueblo City Counsel passed a decision last week to let PCC start a flight school and a degree program here for Aviation Maintenance Technician -- later on to be followed by professional flight school and even an ATC school.They are going to try to keep the tuition at regular levels, with cooperation from Steel City Aviation for the flight portion and Adam Aircraft for the maintenance part. This next semester they will be starting only one class and the rest of the curriculum will start falling into place in fall of 2006. This spring, though, one can hop into the upholstery class which will be done with an apprenticeship at Adam Aircraft.For those who are unaware, Adam Aircraft is a great aircraft company that builds their parts here in Pueblo at KPUB. Once the parts are assembled, they are shipped to KAPA in Denver where they are assembled to make the A500 (prop) and A700 (jet version) aircraft.I am highly encouraging folks from Colorado who are interested in any of these aviation related fields to check this program out. I will personally be volunteering my computer at Career Fairs to show potential students a bit of flight from the simulation sense. Colorado residents can take advantage of COF, Pell and other sources of Financial Aid and very easily be able to pursue this program -- plus with Adam Aircraft talking about an apprenticeship program it is a great outlook for the future.As a result of that City Counsel meeting -- my dreams may come true after all.If anyone has any questions, it is too late to get the program printed in the Spring Catalog, so you will have to email Jim Torres of Pueblo Community College or myself to receive information.Jim can be reached at Jim.Torres@pueblocc.edu or by phone at 719-549-3249.I can be reached by email at cndittmar@guildofdarkhaven.org - and as information becomes available I plan to start a section on my web site as well for this program.I certainly hope I posted this in the right area of AVSIM. If not then please move this where appropriate and please accept my apologies.Take care and safe skies to all of you.FYI - Steel City Aviation is my current FBO already and they are GREAT folks.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!