Sign in to follow this  
barnstormer716

Can't load simconnect.dll?

I received a Logitech Radio Panel and Multi Panel this Christmas and have been unable to make either work yet.  Thanks to some help on another Avsim forum we have deduced that the reason is the Logitech plug in required to make the Panels work, will not work because I don't have a simconnect.dll in my computer.  I have tried to download these (apparently there are three) and none will load.

Eventually I get an error directed to SimConnect Cliet v10.0.61259.0

An error occurred during the installation of assembly

Microsoft.VC80,50727.42"'type="win32".processorArchitecture="x86".publicKey Token="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b"'.

Please refer to Help and Support for more information.

Now I am not a computer guy.  I have no idea what all this means.  If you can help me get this simconnect.dll loaded you will have to be very specific as to what I should do because I don't intuitively know where anything is in my computer.

I will tell you that I'm running Windows 7 with FSX on a Jet Line computer and that all other functions with flight sim work very well.  I have numerous add on aircraft and scenery programs as well as CH throttles, yoke and pedals and Track IR.  All of these work as they should and have for a number of years.

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide.

Bill Cox

To close this out on a positive note, my son and I dug into the thing and he finally, after reading some reviews found the simconnect.dll in a flight one UTX Alaska file.  I copied it and put it in my Flight Simulator X file...I was just guessing...and I'll be darned if it didn't suddenly come alive the next time I used FSX!

After two weeks and two days of frustration I'm finally able to enjoy my Christmas presents.

Thanks to all of you who got me on the right track.