Sign in to follow this  
Gaz

moving camera and view

Hi

Just looking on how to set my views. In the cockpit I want to use my hat switch on the joystick (I want to look around). Outside views I want to move the camera (using the s key), to different views, so they can see different views as though was moving my location!

I use Chaseplane and that can switch between views, using what I assigned (A for cockpit, S for outside views), but I need to allow the HAT switch once I am trying to look around, either in the cockpit or outside.

Also, even though I can get the elevators to work with the rudder it doesn't work with the joystick. The joystick works the left/right and up/down, but not the rudder!

Very confusing.

Edited by Gary McCluskey

How does Moses make his coffee? Hebrews it.  

I took the shell off my racing snail, thinking it would make him run faster. If anything, that made him more sluggish.

Gaz on Facebook

Hello Gary,

Yesterday I was also busy with camera's and views in P3D and I figured out a configuration that works beautifully for me. I use my old Logitech Attack 3 joystick for controlling the view in my cockpit. By moving the stick I now pan around my active camera and by using 4 buttons on top of the joystick and 2 buttons at the bottom of the joystick I can now easily move the eyepoint of the camera.

Please take a look at my settings and maybe this will also solve this for you.

Assigning the rudder should also be working when you've first selected the right controller and change the assignment as I show below. Maybe you also need to check the 'reverse' checkbox in case the pedals are steering opposite of what you expect.

I also developed a nice addon with which you can switch camera eyepoint views easily with an additional keyboard independently. For more information, take a look at my site at: https://www.simict.com.

Best regards, Richard

eyepoint.jpg

view.jpg

rudder.jpg

Edited by richardz

Hello Gary,

I forgot to mention the 'Use Autorudder' checkbox on the 'Realism' setting page. Turn this off when you want to use a joystick or rudder pedal to be able to move the rudder with your controller.

Best regards, Richard

Edited by richardz

By the way, I noticed the link to my site wasn't working since the address contained a dot too much at the end and I can't edit the post anymore. The correct link is: https://www.simict.com

Edited by richardz