Sign in to follow this  
NickBo

Prepar3D v5 broken textures and terrain

Greetings!

I installed a clean version of Prepar3D V5 without any addons. I've put almost all sliders to the right. Yet this is what pretty much how all of the airports look like. Obviously there is something wrong with my installation because the runways and taxiways and the surrounding terrain look like FS98 graphics. Everything is just straight lines and the buildings look like some 16 color clipart from MS Word and there are even some kind of small houses on the apron here and there and the grass is some blurry ugly texture. The runway lights are just round red dots that are sometimes on the apron and sometimes on the grass like on the screenshot.

I reinstalled the scenery package two times and even performed a complete reinstall of everything but it just looks the same every time. My RTX 2080 delivers over 100 FPS and the CPU is not breaking a sweat so I don't think it's a performance issue. Please advise what I'm doing wrong.

fs98.jpg

Also having this issue. In general the sim looks absolutely fantastic and performance is great However, the textures around the airports look terrible. This is even the case with Orbx airports I have installed. 

I've had the same issue. I think it started happening after an out of memory (VRAM) crash.