Sign in to follow this  
Dan Becker

Help for Little Navmap integration with flight sim

Hello,

I am a new user to Little Navmap, and I am taking beginner private pilot courses with X-Plane 11.

I love the flight planning capability of Little Navmap, and I connected it with XP-11, and it worked great to display my flight progress.

This is a beginner question, but how do I integrate my flight plan with my flight sim software? Any good work flow? It would be great if I could take my origin and destination airports, my way points, and my com/nav info, and that would appear in the Garmin 530 GPS or other nav displays in my flight sim.

Any good flight plan to navigation processes that you have?
Thanks, Dan Becker

Hi Dan,

the workflow depends on you flying habits. I usually fly roundtrips and look at the logbook in LNM to find out where I left my aircraft when finishing my last flight. From that previous destination I start again. You can set the search center (black/yellow cross) at the last destination and then use the airport search with filters according to your aircraft (runway length, etc., see Distance Search). Also check weather in the airport information window.

Once done adding destination and departure as well as calculating a flight plan (Victor, Jet, etc.) I save the flight plan as an FMS file for X-Plane. The X-Plane stock GPS and FMS can load this format including all procedures. Some add-on aircraft like the Toliss Airbusses can load this format too.

COM and nav info is not transferred to the simulator. Actually, this is read by LNM from the simulator. You can put LNM on a second monitor or run it in a network/remote configuration on another computer. Then you have access to all the information while flying.

Have a look at the tutorials in the manual. These should help to get an impression how to plan a flight.

Alex

Thank you Alex. I had no problem creating the flight plan in Little NavMap or viewing my flight on the app using Little NavConnect using XP-11.

I missed the part about how to export it and import it to get the GPS set up. It works great.

Thanks, Dan