Sign in to follow this  
Robobble

Has anyone figured out how to install the navigraph update?

I followed the normal Navigraph update procedure and it didn't work along with manual install for all Carenado products. I keep seeing this link get posted. https://carenado.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/205355057-Updating-G1000-Navigation-Data

One of the sites it links to apparently doesn't exist anymore and the other one is completely useless.

This doesn't seem to be a widespread issue or it would be posted about more. Any help?

Thanks in advance

Rob

After probably 3 solid hours of work, I've figured it out. I feel like I'd be doing a disservice to the flight sim community if I don't share.

After contacting Carenado support I learned that the C208 has no Navigraph support and uses the stock sim nav data. I also learned that the nav data in P3D and FSX is hard coded into the scenery files and isn't readily accessible. I tried to use this software to update the p3d navaids but it didn't work. I ended up using fsAerodata , which worked but you need a paid subscription to fsAerodata and Navigraph. The subscription to fsAerodata was about $10USD for 3 cycles worth of updates. After running that software, the nav data is current, even thought the G1000 in the C208B still says it's not. Whatever :huh:

I'm not sure if I want to jump for joy or smack my head off the desk.