Sign in to follow this  
BobP

After 6 days no crashes 'yet'. I really like it!

I started  tinkering with V5 to get a better idea of the simulator. I have been slowly adding apps being careful to test my system parameters  following vram usage, core temps and cores utilization.  I have the following additions to the original V5 download from LM. I'm not adding any more as I assume sometime in the future an update will require a complete re-install.

Orbx  

They have done an outstanding job with ORBX Central, my compliments to them! I purchased several add on airports over the last couple of months when they were on sale figuring they might be unusable with V5. Not true at all. Once you have V5 installed ORBX Central gives the option of installing the stuff you own in either V4 or V5. Could not be easier. I did install the scenery for V5 inside the V5 simulator. All my V4 stuff is in my library outside V4.

For V5

Base Pack, Trees HD,Open LC North America, Updated the V5 Libraries

General Aviation Airplanes

A2A Bonanza, A2A Cessna 182, A2A Piper Comanche 250,  all with Flight 1 GTN 750  installed in the cockpit.

Performance is excellent. With sliders one unit shy of full right V5 looks excellent. Much better to me than V4. GPU memory hovers around 4.0/6.6 no issues, no stuttering or flashing or popping scenery with default large airports.

Utils

Availasoft EFB V5, Active Sky V5, Active Sky Cloud Art V5, FSUIPC V5,EZCA v3, Flight1 GTN 750s. 

Tube Liner - Fly The Maddog X

I can fly the Maddox X with sliders more to normal because I don't care what ground detail looks  like at FL400. 🙂  GPU memory hovers around 5.0/6.6 with default large airports like KFSO.  Will add KORD V2 and give it a go.

I manage the simulator by keeping the processor (I9 9900KF) Vcore<1.3, 8 core temps below 70C each, via programmed fan speeds and core utilization evenly distributed with a Nvidia Control panel option. Hyper threading turned off. 

System

Core i9 990KF (4.6 with Turbo Boost),  32 GB Memory, ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6, Geforce RTX 2080 Super (8GB), and 30HZ 4K Monitor

No crashes yet.

I do not overclocked the processor, no messing with shaders, no tinkering with V5 Config files outside the simulator. Have fun!

Bob

Edited by BobP
  • Like 2