Sign in to follow this  
Jay A

Aircraft Design from 0

Hi, so I have stopped doing aircraft design for a couple years because I never finish my projects. One of my last projects in GMAX was the A350. I started it and it's in a pretty basic stage, I was almost done with the whole frame of the aircraft, and a couple of animations, but that's it. I believe I have the necessary information and resources to make this aircraft to a certain extent, so I'm comfortable doing anything to work on it again.

My main goal since I started was to make payware quality aircraft models, but as I said before, I just can't get into every aspect of it. Now that I have more time in my hands, I want to dedicate whatever it takes to make an aircraft model for flight simulator that I can call my own.

A few bullet points that I would like to address here are: 

• Software (Since I just started with GMAX alone with a few tweaks in the settings, I want to know if there is some sort of addon, in order to export my projects into the sim)
  • Touchscreens. This point I guess it's more complicated, but I would like to know how I can make touchscreens (Just like in the QualityWings 787, or similar). I know it may be harder, but I'm willing to do whatever it takes in order to bring my projects, mainly the A350, back to life. If anyone can help me, or at least, point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

That's it for now, since it is a BIG project of mine that I've been working on for a few years now. Again, if anyone can help me get back on track, I'd really really appreciate it. 🙂

Sorry for the long post. Thanks!

Edited by Jkaled777

Also, I have some experience with Blender, but I'm more comfortable with GMAX. I saw there is a toolset for blender in fsdeveloper, so I will try that.