June 25, 20206 yr Hi, I have a question regarding wind display in PMDG 737. Hopefully some experienced simmers or real pilots could help? What is the source of the wind data on the top left corner of the navigational display? I notice however this data is different than the one displayed in FMC. Thanks,
June 25, 20206 yr Author I don;t know how to attach my screenshot in the post, here is the link to my screenshot https://ibb.co/bPnzbq7 The bottom left of FMC shows wind 239/45, whereas the ND top left shows 248/45. I am using ActiveSky16 and the FMC data seems to be consistent with the wind aloft report.
June 26, 20206 yr On FMC you will get wind direction and speed referenced to true north. While headwind (H/WIND) or tailwind (T/WIND) component. Wind component data is relative to airplane heading. On ND Indicates wind bearing, speed, and direction, with respect to display orientation and heading/track reference. Only on 737 and 777 PMDG has correct indications, while on the 747s they don't, stubborn to fix it. Edited June 26, 20206 yr by killthespam , Freshly retired after 41 unforgettable years on the Boeing 747. The flying days may be behind me, but the memories never will be. Now I have the privilege of sharing those experiences—and continuing to learn alongside the next generation of pilots—in the Level D simulator. Aviation has a way of keeping us all pilots, no matter how many hours we've logged.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.