Sign in to follow this  
NBFlightSim

Aer Lingus Commuter

Carenado released a pseudo Aer Lingus repaint with their included liveries, but it didn't have any titles or logos and had the wrong registration. Given the texture mapping on the tail I can see why they didn't finish it, but I would have figured that would have made them go back and remap the textures instead of releasing an obviously incomplete repaint.

I've painted two variants for BEH, the first in standard Aer Lingus colors and the second in a rather plain Aer Lingus Commuter scheme. For the Commuter scheme I admittedly went a little lazy, the registration font isn't 100% accurate (I just copied the same from the full color paint) and the shamrock on the tail isn't the right size or in the correct location, as it was slightly smaller and placed a little lower on the tail. Given the insane texture mapping on the tails by just reversing the colors from the full scheme I was able to do the tail in minutes instead of hours and I feel the compromise is acceptable.

You can download both repaints by clicking here.

car_s330_aerlingus_1983_ei-beh.png

car_s330_aerlingus_1984_ei-beh.png

• Like 1