Sign in to follow this  
SFHaines

Cannot load CT210Turbo in XP11 on a Mac

I posted this note on another page in this Forum but see it only pertains to FSX|P3D so I am reposting it here hoping the XPlane community might see it...

I recently upgraded my operating system to Mac OS 10.15.6. I am using XPlane 11.41. I tried loading my Cessna CT210M v1.1 and it immediately crashed XPlane. I checked the log file and it said:  --=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SASL3_Tbient/64/mac.xpl}==--

I first suspected the Mac Security & Privacy Gateway settings might be the issue but ruled that out after verifying it was not indicating anything. I even disabled it with a script to no avail. 

I tried removing the SASL3_TBIENT folder from the aircraft plugins folder and was able to load the aircraft. However the "pilot" figure occupies the cockpit indicating that the product has not been properly activated. There are other visual clues indicating that the aircraft is inoperable. So something within this required folder is causing XPlane to crash within .5 seconds of hitting the start button. I have been happily flying the C210 since 12/2018 when I purchased it from the XPlane Store. Under OS 10.15.6 Catalina I am no longer able to use the product. I have been in contact with Carenado about this issue but they refuse to assist because I purchased the aircraft using redemption points from the XPlane Store. Go figure.

Note: I see no way to post my log file here so I will add the last section of it pertaining to the XP crash if that will assist...

0:00:23.215 I/ACF: Loading airplane number 0 with Aircraft/My Aircraft/General/Carenado CT210M_Centurion_II_v1.1/Car_Centurion.acf
G64:  24.007:  Aircraft File: (Aircraft/My Aircraft/General/Carenado CT210M_Centurion_II_v1.1/Car_Centurion.acf)
G64:  24.009:       MD5 Hash: (de78a7b57e0e18d9e92b476ce9a120ea)
G64:  24.009:    Description: (T210M Centurion II for X-Plane 11)
G64:  24.009:         Author: (Carenado)
G64:  24.009: Plugin Mode: Community Edition
G64:  24.010: Boot Count: 2
G64:  24.653: Run: OnKickStart..
Fetching plugins for /Users/Steve/Desktop/X-PLANE 11/Aircraft/My Aircraft/General/Carenado CT210M_Centurion_II_v1.1/plugins

[TBIENT_MANIFEST_V1.0 INFO]: Starting X-Plane SASL plugin v3.1.2+d19f937 [Commercial Edition]
[TBIENT_MANIFEST_V1.0 INFO]: Tbient_Manifest_v1.0 | Aircraft | StartFull
--=={This application has crashed because of the plugin: SASL3_Tbient/64/mac.xpl}==--

I did some further investigating and determined that the file "configuration.ini" within CT210/plugins/SASL3_Tbient/data/modules/configuration/..." seems to be the culprit. Removing this file allows me to load the aircraft but it is disabled as described. Leaving it in place causes XPlane to crash. 

At this point I can go no further with this aircraft, which I enjoy greatly. If anyone has a clue what is going on here and how to fix it I would be most grateful. —Steve Haines

Steve,

I have the same problem except I just bought the A/C a few days ago and have yet to be able to fly it because it immediately crashes the sim. I am very frustrated because I haven't gotten any answers. I've tried all I can think of. Any solution for you yet?

Fixed the problem:

I had the exact same issue after purchasing recently, also with the FlyJSim 727. Here is a quick, and so far permanent, fix:

1. Go to your MacOS security and privacy settings
  2. Go to the 'privacy' tab
  3. Scroll down to 'accessibility' 
  4. Under 'allow apps to make changes', find X-Plane, and check the box.

NOTE - you may need to click the padlock in the bottom left and enter your password to allow changes.