Sign in to follow this  
Kenjiro75

VFR flight planning

4 minutes ago, Humbler66 said:

It was like it would rearrange one or two points to make it the most direct line instead of the order I wanted. 

I have that problem all the time.  Don't know of a work around in the World Editor for THAT issue, so I just now create the flight plan in Little Navmap and load it in.

3 hours ago, Humbler66 said:

I tried to enter multiple GPS coordinate waypoints again and it does work now. I'm wondering if the recent update fixed an issue with it. I hadn't tried it since before the update but it does work now. The only problem I see is when entering many (5-7) points it kept changing the "route" I was trying to plot out. It was like it would rearrange one or two points to make it the most direct line instead of the order I wanted. I'd really like to use one of the apps available to cast the aircraft's GPS position on Google maps but from what I'm gathering reading about them the device you're casting to has to be on the same network and I'm assuming that means Wifi. My computer is wired to the modem and doesn't use Wifi. I have Wifi available but I see a drop in internet speed using it.

Both devices don’t need to be on the same form of the same network, one can be on WiFi and the other hard wired or the other way around or both Wi-Fi or both wired.  They just have to be on the same home network. 

12 hours ago, LarryD said:

I have that problem all the time.  Don't know of a work around in the World Editor for THAT issue, so I just now create the flight plan in Little Navmap and load it in.

How does the flight plan load from the Little Navmap app into the sim?

8 hours ago, COHusker said:

Both devices don’t need to be on the same form of the same network, one can be on WiFi and the other hard wired or the other way around or both Wi-Fi or both wired.  They just have to be on the same home network. 

Ok, I'll look into that option then.

29 minutes ago, Humbler66 said:

How does the flight plan load from the Little Navmap app into the sim?

It's not a DIRECT load.  After making the flight plan, you save it as a PLN file directly into the MSFS2020 flight plan folder, and then simply load it up from the world map page.  Pretty easy.

5 hours ago, LarryD said:

It's not a DIRECT load.  After making the flight plan, you save it as a PLN file directly into the MSFS2020 flight plan folder, and then simply load it up from the world map page.  Pretty easy.

Thanks, I'll definitely give that a try. I'm familiar with the Community folder for adding liveries and scenery addons, what folder am I looking for in the directory for the flight plans?

30 minutes ago, Humbler66 said:

what folder am I looking for in the directory for the flight plans?

So if you just go ahead a click the LOAD button now, you will see your path at the top of the window that pops up.  It should be your LOCAL STATE folder.  Just drop the flight plans in there.  You can always create a shortcut to that folder and put it on your desktop or whereever you wish to make it easier.  Or you can create your own specific Flight Plan folder and then drop a shortcut to that the Local State folder.  You'll then just go into that Flight Plan folder after you hit the LOAD button.  But Local State is the starting point.

7 minutes ago, LarryD said:

So if you just go ahead a click the LOAD button now, you will see your path at the top of the window that pops up.  It should be your LOCAL STATE folder.  Just drop the flight plans in there.  You can always create a shortcut to that folder and put it on your desktop or whereever you wish to make it easier.  Or you can create your own specific Flight Plan folder and then drop a shortcut to that the Local State folder.  You'll then just go into that Flight Plan folder after you hit the LOAD button.  But Local State is the starting point.

Thanks. I installed the app on my pc and ran it but it says there is no found database and when I zoom in on the map to add an airport there is no points to click on. I watched a couple of tutorials and it is definitely missing something. When it gave me the opening message it did not have MSFS 2020 listed as a supported sim.