Sign in to follow this  
fullmetalchrono

Xbox360 Controller Sensitivity

Hi guys. I am relatively new to Flight Simulators and I am having trouble with the sensitivity of the left stick. Even after putting the sensitivity down to the lowest in can go in the settings the plane still jerks violently up and down even with the slightest movement. Any advice would be appreciated.

Same issue here. Introducing a dead zone of 30% and reducing sensitivity to -80% helped a little. But of course now it is really jerking from minor to full deflection in what feels like 2mm travel of the stick. It seems there is nothing more to do than that right now.

Personally, I agree with a lot that has been written in the forums around the controls. Due to a previous job I have collected a couple of hundred hours on full motion Level D sims including A320, B747 as well as Cessna CJ. I did not expect that this level of control can be replicated on a Xbox controller in any way but as things are right now this crazy sensitivity / pitch behavior and dropping out of flight on short final is extremely unrealistic in my opinion to an extend taking the fun out of it.

Support ticket with Zen desk opened. Let's hope that a lot of people do that in order for Asobo to fix these issues.

runs very fine here with xbox360 controller, make small adjustments.

i put both left stick at -60.

rudder is too sensitive yes, but i hardly use it.

a joystick always works better, you have a much bigger range to work with, but its very doable with the pad.

Edited by wim123

Maybe I am missing something then: Did you also setup a dead zone or only adjust sensitivity? Which aircraft do you use and is AI yoke control on or off?

Thanks!

I've been using -60 on the left stick as well, no dead zone, unless your controller has drift. Works fine once you adjust.

With the rudder, I've found that using the triggers independently is almost impossible, but if you apply and maintain slight pressure to both triggers and manipulate them as you would rudder pedals with your feet they act as you would expect.

It seems like they've not programmed the flight controls specifically for Xbox controllers but have rather just mapped the inputs to the same parameters used for yokes, joysticks and rudder pedals. So you have issues like the analogue sticks being overly sensitive due to the much smaller throw distance, and the triggers acting as though they are linked like you would expect with rudder pedals.

Considering it's coming to Xbox at some point I expect they will fine tune controller support. As it is now, it's functional but not ideal. The rudder is the biggest issue, since it's practically useless in its current state.

Tried it now with a Thrustmaster TM1600. Difference like night and day. For me the Xbox controller is no option right now. Will be interesting to see how that works wheb they release on Xbox.

1 hour ago, pddog58 said:

Tried it now with a Thrustmaster TM1600. Difference like night and day. For me the Xbox controller is no option right now. Will be interesting to see how that works wheb they release on Xbox.

i sure hope and expect there will be flight peripherals for the xbox too. a nice compact hotas you can hold on your lap would

be awesome.

Having simular issues with my xbox pad. I have had to set sensitivty to -50 and a small dead zone to get the best results but even then you have to use extremely small movements with the sticks, especially for the elevator.

The rudders are almost totally useless, trying to control the torque from single engine props produces absolutely comical results.

Can somebody link the support ticket that was created for this?

1 hour ago, -space-pirate- said:

Can somebody link the support ticket that was created for this?

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I use an Xbox one and 360 controllers, both are very sensitive, submitted a ticket two days ago, and hope that Asobo will do something about this soon.

Same problem here with a Logitech F710 game controller. Aircraft are completely and utterly impossible to fly in FS2020. A mosquito would only need to land on a joystick and the aircraft will almost destroy itself from over control input. That is not an exaggeration. I have never had the slightest problem in the history of all the flight sims I have used with the exception of this one. That includes third party aircraft such as Real Air and A2A in FSX and earlier versions. Not only that, but the FS2020 control allocation interface is in my opinion the most unhelpful and unintuitive controller setup game interface I have seen in my entire gaming life. It (the game interface) is even missing one of the full control stick axis altogether - happily "seeing" both the axes on the left joystick but missing the x axis on the right hand joystick. I've never had that happen before and I have run about 6 different flight sims with this very same game controller flawlessly.

But the way I see it, the problems are so severe I can't ever see them being attended to - or certainly not without making other people unhappy. Sadly, for the above reasons I have abandoned FS2020 and stuck with FSX which works flawlessly (as does every other flight sim). 

Edited by JonP01

Completely understand that frustration and share it. Luckily I still had the Thrustmaster - seems to be the only work around for now (BTW sensitivity is automatically reduced to -50 %). I opened a ticket a Zen desk but quite honestly if they want to release on Xbox no way around fixing it anyway

It seems very strange if only because I would have thought a massive brand new audience would come to this software with pre-existing hand held PC controllers. Controllers such as the Logitech ones have become very common over the last decade to the point where even most first person shooter games will come with native support for such controllers. It's actually an expectation today that any game for Windows will work correctly with a hand held controller right out of the box so to speak.

With FSX (and other sims) I have basically used my Logitech F710 exactly the same way I would fly a radio control aircraft. It obviously is not realistic but I enjoy it and it works well. I would have happily had a sim setup with a proper yoke and pedals but my setup was primarily for motorsport (and still is) even though I fly just as much as I do race. But I now have to wonder if I will have to just ditch this new software until I reach an age where I am no longer fast at racing and hence lose the enjoyment (at which point I have decided to build a rig purely for flight simming only, with full controls that have as realistic deflections as possible).

But that said, I would have thought even with the full travel of pedals and a yoke, something still doesn't seem right at all with FS2020. True, I have not flown a plane in real life but with 100s of Youtube videos from the cockpit these days, you get a feel for what control inputs are needed to do certain things in certain types of aircraft and how the aircraft respond. And it just doesn't seem to be anything like what happens in FS2020.

I would love to revisit this new software some years down the track though - especially when the well know high fidelity developers have matured their third party products.