Sign in to follow this  
PapaRomeo

What I learned, and might help others.

Hi all.

My specs are below, and I’m using a gsync monitor.

First I activated gsync for both windowed and full screen, got a tip from others here, thanks.
Game runs in windowed and full screen window.
Ingame: vsync off-unlimited FPS.    
External: Nvidia control panel set fast sync, and limit FPS to 60. Gsync activated.
Rolling cache: set to off or even better, move to another hard drive if possible, done via game.
I clocked my CPU higher, even a few 100mhz could be the difference, and allow for slightly higher settings.
Mine seems stable at 4,8ghz I will try aiming for 5ghz.
Do NOT turn off hyper threading, even though it will lower your temps, it’s not worth it.
Using ingame weather settings, could lead to endless stutter, so you need to return to menu and start new flight.
In general, don’t go into lots of setting on-the-fly, do it all BEFORE flight.

Ai traffic will use a lot of resources, you might need those elsewhere.
If you use manual cache (not rolling cache), don’t make it too big, UI can’t follow!
If you don’t have voice on ATC, be sure that you installed English/US voice pack and activate text to speech, do that in Windows language settings.
Use off/windows in settings in game.
I couldn’t get Azure working.

English is not my native, so I hope I explained it ok, if not, just ask.
And I also know, computers can be quite different regarding hardware, so some of this might not work for all.
I spend over 10 hours now in the sim, and this is what I learned so far, 10 hours more and I will probably be able to tweak even better.
I hope they soon release a patch, lots that need patching.

Happy flying. 

• Like 2

i9 10900KF
RTX 3080
32gb ram
SSD