Sign in to follow this  
bloxboy

Custom camera views with Saitek X52 pro problem

I have been trying to setup the custom camera views which I can access with the keyboard (CRTL 1-0), which I like, but when I try to set say custom view 2 to a joystick button and although it accepts it, when I get back in the plane (Cessna 152) nothing happens when I press that button. I really like these custom views in the Cessna, but don't like having to press two keys on the keyboard. I can map other functions to buttons Flaps, Trim etc which work fine. Are we just stuck with the KB for these views, or am I doing something wrong. I have been validating and saving each new assignment. Thanks for looking. 

Edited by bloxboy

Are you using a profile loaded in the Logitech software?  If I set mine to "Clear" (right-click icon on notification area), then assigning custom views (I only tried custom view 0) works without issue.

I do use a custom profile which sends the keystroke alt-0, this works for me.

Also, you have saved the views first?  ctl-alt-number. They are specific to each aircraft.

In my profile, if I have the button set to "do nothing", then it doesn't work in the sim (assigned as joystick button).  It does work if have it set as "unprogrammed".

Edited by Hippo

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I did create a profile from "X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S" which is the default to "X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S Cessna" as I was changing some of the default buttons. All I want to do is use the custom views for the Cessna "ALT 1 through 0 on the keyboard, but mapped to some buttons on my X52, i.e. a button to take it to view 0, then another button to cycle the views forwards and backwards as the "A" key & shift "A" on the keyboard. Are you saying that you cannot use the default keyboard custom views on a joystick or do you have to create your own custom views using clt-alt-number ?. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

On 8/23/2020 at 10:37 AM, bloxboy said:

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I did create a profile from "X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S" which is the default to "X52 Professional H.O.T.A.S Cessna" as I was changing some of the default buttons. All I want to do is use the custom views for the Cessna "ALT 1 through 0 on the keyboard, but mapped to some buttons on my X52, i.e. a button to take it to view 0, then another button to cycle the views forwards and backwards as the "A" key & shift "A" on the keyboard. Are you saying that you cannot use the default keyboard custom views on a joystick or do you have to create your own custom views using clt-alt-number ?. Any more info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

(Note:  I only require one custom view, and am only using alt-0, so everything I've tried relates only to that, but I don't see why it should be any different for the other numbered views.)

A good question.  When I posted originally I had only been playing with this feature in the Diamond DA40? (the single engine one, I always forget the number).  This aircraft had NO default custom views.

My understanding of this feature is that the aircraft do not come with custom views set up, and that you set them up as required by adjusting the view point and then ctl-alt-<number> to save.  You then get to the view with alt-<number>.  In the the DA40, this works fine.  Also in the C152 and others.

However, I have since experienced that in some other aircraft (sorry, I forget which now), this does not work.  There already appears to be a view assigned to alt-0, and doing ctl-alt-0 does nothing.  So, with those aircraft I can't have custom views.  I strongly suspect a bug. 

As to the X52, I prefer to bind keystrokes in the Logitech software, rather than assign buttons in games.  This is just personal preference, as although it is more work, I find it provides more flexibility.  However, both ways do work for me, bearing in mind the settings I mentioned in my previous post.

P.S. Up to now, where I mentioned a profile, I was referring to a profile in the Logitech software.  In the FS2020 settings, I just amended the profile that was created when I first plugged the X52 in.  You don't mention whether you're doing anything in the Logitech software.

Edited by Hippo

8 hours ago, Hippo said:

However, I have since experienced that in some other aircraft (sorry, I forget which now), this does not work.  There already appears to be a view assigned to alt-0, and doing ctl-alt-0 does nothing.  So, with those aircraft I can't have custom views.  I strongly suspect a bug.

My apologies for having posted this.  I am now not seeing this issue, and custom views work as expected in all the aircraft.  This is not the first time I've had strange random issues which I can't reproduce.

Again, thanks Hippo for the reply. I have never used the Logitech software, but I will try it. Do you download it from the Logitech website ?.