Sign in to follow this  
smoothchat

Full view ahead without instruments

This is a workaround to get a forward view without instruments.

You do this by creating a custom camera beyond the limits of the cockpit.

You need to have keys assigned to move around within the cockpit.

You move to the center and as far forward as you can, looking forward over the dash.

Then create a custom camera (ctrl / alt / 0) .

Exit the sim.

Then take a look in the aircraft folder created here …

C:\Users"Your ID"\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects

There should be a folder with your aircraft and a camera.cfg file within

Backup this file.

Load the file and edit the InitialXyz = xxx,xxx,xxx at the bottom of the camera definition.

I added 1 to the 3rd number against InitialXyz and saved.

Reload the sim and load your aircraft.

In my case, I selected the custom cam in the sim (alt / 0) which moved me forward 1ft, beyond the instruments, still behind the prop (c172 in my case).

I now have a clear view with no instruments in the way.

BONUS.  I can now do a walk around the plane using the defined cockpit movement keys.

Edited by smoothchat
  • Like 3

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.