Sign in to follow this  
nyfirefly11

Questions about graphics settings and flying jets

Hey everyone,

After some installation woes, I finally got MSFS installed and up and running.

1. For graphics, would you use GeForce experience or the settings in game? I have a 980 TI (i7-6700K OC'd at 4.5) and a 32" 4K monitor - Nvidia recommends 1080p and low graphics settings, but I've been running at 4K with high settings, and it seems pretty good. Any suggestions? Should I just experiment and see how to get the best FPS?

2. Any recommendations/tutorials/videos on flying jets (a320, 787, etc)?

3. Not sure if this is a bug, or if I just don't know what I'm doing 🙂 (I can fly a c172, but don't really know how to fly twin-engine/jets.) I was flying a 787 from PDX to SEA and ran into 2 issues:

a) I was able to set the A/P at various points in airspeed, hdg, and alt modes. I had set alt to 10,000, and once I hit 10k, I increased to 20K, but the plane wouldn't respond.

b) Prior to landing, I disengaged the A/P, but I couldn't control the throttles. I even flipped the big white switch to force disengaging the A/P, but the throttles were stuck at full power. I tried using my hotas, the keyboard, and dragging the throttles with the mouse - when I did, they said they were inoperable. Any ideas? I had to bail out of the flight b/c I was coming in too fast.

Thanks!