I bought Jetliner (and VFR and IFR), and I’m very glad I did. That’s said, there are a few issues - likely MSFS / SU4 and not FS Academy:
1. Direct to kills the MCDU and freezes the ND
2. I couldn’t capture the ILS - APPR works, but it froze in HDG/App Nav and wouldn’t capture either the loc or g/a (could’ve been the direct to issue above)
3. Emergency decent - I start the emergency decent by pulling alt, hdg, speed, but it doesn’t seem to recognize the last one and continue with the checklist.
1. Due to my not so great flying skills, I keep drifting of course a few degrees. It reminds me, and I get back on course, but after a while I’m a few miles from where I need to be vis-a-vis the airport. The problem is, it doesn’t recognize that I’m close, and tells me to keep flying. In both the UK and NZ, I kept flying past the airport for about 5 min, before I looked at my Navigraph charts and realized where I was. When I turned around in the UK, it recognized that I was back on course - but not in NZ.
2. It’s great that you change aircraft, and I’m learning a ton, but every time I’m in a new plane it takes a while to figure out the basics (flap settings, etc). It would be great if the manual had some additional info for each new plane.
Again, I think these are great products, but like anything, the state of the sim can cause issues.